dog food truck


when i was young, i started making food with my mom. my father was a merchant all his life. being a merchant was in my genes. i also enjoy talking and helping people with advice. you realize people share their most intimate moments with you like it’s a necessity. a boy stopped using drugs and his mother went and thanked me.


all his life they had been giving him advice, but he listened to me. i have had a difficult time learning english, and my children have witnessed that i don’t know it. many people say that if you don’t know english, you can’t get ahead. that your father? customer: ummm, i don’t know. yeah. i don't know? [laughter] customer: i thought you said something else! [laughter] diga, that your father? 'i don't know'


customer: i don't know either that's funny hot dog for you? everything? customer: everything. every time i prepare a hot dog, i prepare it as if it’s for me. muchas gracias. customer: two hot dogs and then one weenie. i studied business administration.


in my first two years of living in the united states, we started working in warehouses, factories. i’ve never liked working for someone else. with $30 my wife and i had in our pockets, we went and bought a cooler. luis is a great person. we’ve known each other for about 7 or 8 years. when i met him, i didn’t know he was a judge. jesus: rich men and politicians don’t get into heaven.


luis: then i’m screwed, since i was a politician. jesus: but at least you’re repentant. i am jesus guerrero. i am a street vendor of sonoran-style hotdogs.

Comments

Popular Posts